Book CHOICE Letter
- Length should
be 2 full pages and written in letter form.
- Do not
give me a full recap of the story; a short summary will do.
- Include the following:
- Title of the book (underline, italicize
- Authorís full name
- When the book was written (copyright
- What the book is about (short summary
- Where the story takes place
- Who is involved with descriptions
- What the book
is trying to say (IMPORTANT)
- What are the
issues raised by the book?
- What are your
thoughts about these issues?
conclusions can you make about the subject of the book?
- Describe any
new perspectives you have after reading this book.
- Do you relate
to the book? Yes, no, why?
- Why do you
think the author chose to write this book? (Money cannot be the answer.)
else you might want to talk about.
Though this will be written
in letterform, I am still expecting good writing.
Grading: you will earn an A if, and only if, the following are present:
1. Letter is a full 2 pages. (double-spaced,
12 pt, 1 inch margins only, if typed)
2. Book title, author and copyright appear.
3. All questions are answered.
4. There is specific evidence in the form
of quotations to support your points.
5. Quotations are identified by page citations.
6. Writing is clear and concise.
7. Grammar and spelling are correct.
8. There is evidence of deep thinking.
Grading: you will earn a D or less, if any of the following are present:
1. Letter consists entirely of a summary of the
2. Letter is less than two pages long.
3. Words that are not your own are not in
quotations and are not cited with page. (5)
4. There is little or no evidence of thinking or
Posted by Pamela at December 10, 2007 1:18 PM